South meats east with this rich and lightly spicy dish! The Thai peanut drizzle adds the perfect sweetness to the crisp and juicy chicken!
You can of course use thighs or breasts as well, but we have developed this recipe using chicken drumsticks, frankly because they are more fun to eat 😉
- 8-10 chicken drumstick, skin removed
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- pinch each or cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp paprika
Thai Peanut Drizzle:
- 1/2 of a (13.5 oz) can of coconut mike (full fat)
- 1 tbsp yellow thai curry paste
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut better (natural)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar (preferred raw or muscovado)
For the chicken:
Preheat the oven to 400 F
Align drumsticks on a baking sheet.
Melt coconut oil and brush over chicken drumsticks.
Mix together thyme, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg and paprika.
Rub chicken generously with dry rub, and back for 25-30 minutes.
Drizzle Thai sauce over the chicken immediately before serving.